"My commitment to my patients and their families is to improve quality of life, prevent loss of functionality and independence."
How do house calls and One-on-One consultations benefit older adults?
- Older individuals are more comfortable in the private setting of their homes.
- Home visits allow observation of environmental factors that is a helpful tool in making an accurate assessment.
- Older adults benefit from extra time to express their concerns and explain their problems.
- Most seniors benefit from a step-by-step approach to make adjustments to treatment regimens.
Research has shown that one-on-one consultations with a senior care practitioner helps seniors to have fewer health problems that may compromise their independence, day to day functioning and quality of life.
Appropriate use of medications saves more than it costs in terms of reduced overall health care expenditures, lower incidence of disease, greater productivity and functionality. However if not properly used and monitored, medicines can hurt instead of help.
Senior Care Practice
Fees and How does it work?
What is a Medication Therapy Management Plan and Geriatric Assessment?
- The first step that Mathilda takes is to interview the patient and caregiver/s and gather medical, health and medication related information.
- To make an accurate assessment she obtains missing information from the patient's physician/s and other health providers and prepares a document that is called a consult note. A consult note is a working document that describes the complaints, reflects her findings, recommendations and management plan.
- The third step is to make a follow up appointment to discuss her findings with the patient and caregiver/s, prioritize her recommendations and interventions to ensure that the care plan is realistic and do-able.
- She monitors the patient's progress, follows up, collaborate with other health professionals and guide the process until all the treatment objectives have been met to the patient's satisfaction.
- The final step is to provide her patient with a consult note for future reference and source of information to other health providers.
"Appropriate use of medications saves more than it costs in terms of reduced overall health care expenditures, lower incidence of disease, greater productivity and functionality. However if not properly used and monitored, medicines can hurt instead of help."
- Have all your prescription and over-the-counter medications, supplements, herbal remedies, devices and medical reports ready to be reviewed and discussed.
- You will be asked to sign a form to acknowledge that you intend to share your personal health information with Mathilda.
- $90 per hour.
- Traveling cost will apply to visits outside the perimeter of Winnipeg that will be determined at the time of initial contact.
- The fee is deductible from income tax and not subject to GST and PST.
- A tax receipt will be issued for reimbursement.
Please visit the Contact Page to arrange your appointment.